Quite possibly the easiest appetizer of all times – this Goat Cheese Avocado Crostini is exactly what you need when you’re whipping up some California inspired appetizers or snacks!
Super thinly sliced bread gets a quick toast. An avocado gets a smash and some citrus to brighten it up. A few crumbles of goat cheese go on top. And it gets a sprinkle of salt, pepper and some micro greens for presentation. Grab the recipe below – and check out my Spring Garden Party post for a bevy of other inspiration!!
Goat Cheese Avocado Crostini
- 6 pieces super thin slices of french bread
- olive oil as needed
- 1 avocado
- freshly squeeze lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- micro greens as needed
- Arrange the thin slices of french bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Toast the bread until the bread is just golden brown.
- Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a medium bowl and mash it with a fork and a squeeze of the fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Slater the mashed avocado on top of the toast, followed by the crumbled goat cheese and garnish with the micro greens.
- Serve immediately.